www.flickr.com
martian cat's photos More of martian cat's photos

Thursday, October 12, 2006

My cat teapot is ready for a cup of tea!

In August, I painted this teapot while on a short trip. This is what it looked like right after I painted the decorations in underglaze. If you would like to read that story, I described it in martiancat's August 18, 2006 blog.

This is a photo showing the underglazed teapot.


my hand-painted teapot...



Today, it arrived from Nagoya... it had to be fired in Nagoya and it was shipped to my apartment. This was the first time in 20 years that I used underglazes on porcelain. One of the biggest mysteries is how your painting turns out after it is dipped and fired.

I am so happy to say that it turned out "lovely..." Now, it is ready for me to make a cup of tea in it! I can hardly wait until tomorrow to use it...


cat teapot is ready for tea!



more later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home